School Age (K-12 years)
The After School Program includes transportation from Canton City and Plain Local Schools using All Star Kids’ exclusive 15-passenger bus (designed specifically for child care). We are also open to other schools on an as-needed basis.
The entire lower level of our facility is dedicated to the After School Program, so your child will have plenty of room to explore and expend lots of energy before going home. The school-agers receive help with their homework and have educational games available.
We also travel to area parks three times a week, and the children are invited to participate in field trips and “Camp All Star Kids.”
- Use Ohio’s Core Knowledge & Competencies and Cincy After School Program in developing lesson planning.
- Outdoor activities, exercise and Wii dancing are regimented.
- Arts and crafts available.
- Creating healthy snacks and cooking projects.
- Interesting science experiments.
- Air Hockey, pool and ping pong tables, plus a volley ball net.
- Reasonably priced field trip options including swimming, roller skating, bowling, movies at the Palace Theater, Sippo and Price Parks and more.
- Field Trips & Summer Camp
- Each summer, children who have at least completed kindergarten have the opportunity to venture off-site for a variety of low-cost experiences in new environments.
- Past trips have included roller skating, movie day at the Palace Theatre, Orrville’s Orr Pool and the Canton Garden Center Children’s Garden.
- “Camp All Star Kids” get to enjoy a week of exciting trips to local parks, allowing our school-agers another venue to explore and a chance to bond with classmates.