Pre-K (3-5 years)
We provide a variety of learning experiences that encourage social, emotional, cognitive and physical development. These include language, art, physical fitness, math and science readiness, and sensory skills.
- Social Development: promote and instill a sense of caring for and sensitivity toward others.
- Emotional Development: encourage curiosity and a sense of wonder with emphasis on self-motivation.
- Cognitive Development: provide an atmosphere where children discover and explore, including a wide variety of activities—within a routine—where cooperative play is encouraged.
- Physical Development: enable children to use their bodies in a variety of active ways by participating in fine and large motor activities both indoors and outdoors.
- Brigance assessment used to measure child’s progress/needs.
- ASQ/ASQ-SE evaluations used to measure child’s social, emotional, cognitive, gross and fine motor development.
- Teeth brushing every day after lunch.
- Stark County Kindergarten Readiness assessment — results given to the parent and a copy for the child’s kindergarten teacher.
Click here for a sample pre-K schedule